Dr. Seth Kates, a skilled Massachusetts dermatologist in Worcester, began his medical education as a biochemistry major at Haverford College where he received his Bachelor of Science degree. While attending medical school at the University of Pennsylvania, he fell in love with the field of dermatology and had the privilege of working in a distinguished dermatology lab there. After completing his internship at Dartmouth, he returned to the University of Pennsylvania for his residency in the Department of Dermatology.
To learn more about Dr. Kates and his credentials, request a cosmetic consultation online or call Worcester Dermatology Associates at
508-754-3823 in Worcester or 978-256-4151 in Chelmsford.
Founder of Worcester Dermatology Associates
Dr. Kates began his professional career at the Fallon Clinic where he eventually served as Chairman of the Department of Dermatology. He later joined Chelmsford Dermatology and then, in 2000, opened Worcester Dermatology Associates. As a Worcester dermatologist in private practice, Dr. Kates has developed a special interest in surgical and cosmetic procedures while remaining active in general and pediatric dermatology.
Professional Licensure and Certification
- Diplomat, American Academy of Dermatology
- Diplomat, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- New England Dermatology Society
- Masters Dermatologic Association
- Fellow, American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- Massachusetts Academy of Dermatology
- Leader Society, Dermatology Foundation
- Assistant Instructor, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine 1989-92
- Instructor of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School 1993-present
Awards and Honors
- Research Fellow in Dermatology, Simon-Greenberg Foundation
- Medical Student Research Fellow of the American Heart Association
- Nancy C. Bell, M.D. Memorial Prize in Dermatology from University of Pennsylvania
- Silver Award Teaching Category AAD 48th annual meeting
- Finalist in Westwood Resident Recognition Program
- University of Massachusetts/Memorial hospitals
- Worcester Medical Center
- Saints Memorial Medical Center
- Lowell General Hospital
Dr. Kates is on the educational faculty of both Allergan (maker of BOTOX® Cosmetic and JUVÉDERM®) and Galderma (makers of Restalyne and Dysport). His responsibilities include the training of other health care providers on the correct use of fillers and toxins for facial rejuvenation. He has lectured at both local and national meetings on both injectable fillers and facial rejuvenation.
Numerous publications in peer reviewed journals and a book chapter in dermatology.
Dr. Kates is married to Mary Jane Rein and is the father of Gabriel, Elana, and Julian. An avid golfer, he is happy to talk about the game with his patients. In his free time he can be found golfing (as often as his wife and children allow).
Find Dr. Kates on Google+